I've been putting off writing this post because I wanted to have my last post about my gingham pants to have pictures of me wearing them. Unfortunately, due to scheduling conflicts I haven't been able to keep a photoshoot date, so I decided to write this post and have an outfit post dedicated to my pants later.
So with that out of the way...I finally finished my pants!!!
As I said in my last post, I only had a few steps to complete before I was officially done. Since these steps involved hand sewing, I became extremely lazy when finishing them. There were two alterations I made to my pattern in the end. The first was changing the button closure to a hook and eye. As I was getting closer and closer to finishing these pants I felt that they looked to polished to have a button closure.
The second alteration I made was how I hemmed the pants. The pattern advises to make a cuff at the hem and then tack it down. When I tried my pants on to get the helm just right, I originally accounted for making the cuff the pattern called for, but when I tried them on again at them end I decided to have a flat hem.
All in all I'm extremely excited about my pants and proud of how they turned out! While finishing them took longer than I planned, the delay was worth it to have my pants turn out the way they did. I learned a lot the past three and a half months while making them, and I hope the next time I have to tackle sewing a flap fly it won't take three times. I also feel like my slip stitching greatly improved from having to redo the waistband and hem.
I haven't decided what kind of pant I want to make next, but I hope you'll join me on my next journey!
Welcome to Classically Short!